We have FUN in our homeschool! Here are just some of the ways…
- Boardgames! In my opinion, all boardgames are educational, and there’s a boardgame out there to teach everything (I have an article in the current issue of Homeschool Horizons Magazine about this)
- Hand-crafts – usually we knit, weave, etc. while we read to each other
- Field trips – almost anything can be a field trip – local fire stations etc. often don’t mind a drop-in from your family. We often have museums all to ourselves during the day.
- Video games/websites – there are so many educational games available – a few of our favourites are MathRider, Star Wars Math, and Always Icecream (this one’s for girls and Clever Dragons is for boys)
- Apps – we use my iPod touch (These Are a Few of my Favourite Apps)
- Movies – there are so many educational movies, including historically-based ones, dramatizations of Shakespeare, and documentaries. We often take advantage of programs on Netflix. And Z-Guides are great tools to turn movies into unit studies.
- The Arts – we have been known to act, sing, dance, and draw our way through history.
How do you add fun to your homeschool day?